[AT] OT: Lucky break and a very lucky break.

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Wed Sep 3 12:43:53 PDT 2014

Hi Will, I really hate dealing with leaners, there was a man killed
around here when for whatever reason he decided to get underneath one
and it picked that time to go. I need to harvest some ash for this
winter, and my situation is similar to yours, fairly thick forest with
very tall trees. Unless you are Paul Bunyan it is almost impossible to
drop one without it getting hung up in the canopy. What I tend to do is
drop the tree and when it inevitably gets hung up I hook about 80' of
chain to the base of the tree and just pull it with my tractor til it
drops out. Makes for real tedious work. Nice firewood though because
being that they grew for height, they don't have many branches.

Mike M