[AT] [Bulk] OT: Lucky break and a very lucky break.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:28:14 PDT 2014

True it would probably have made me hurt myself.
I'm still glad I didn't accidentally touch it.
It had enough juice in it that I heard the compressor in the disconnected
AC unit try to start when I hooked the wire back to it.

I used to work (as a contractor) for a plant manager who was best described
as and A$$#@!!  He made everyone toe the line but took great pleasure in
jacking with folks all the time.  In his office he had one chair where folks
who
needed to talk to him were obliged to sit.  In front of that chair on his
desk
in the exact spot where you would need to put your papers, hard hat or
whatever
was a Diet Pepsi can.  The jerk had that can loaded with a capacitor with a
micro
switch in the bottom of it.  If you picked it up you got hit.  I was warned
about it
and never touched it.  He stared at that can for years hoping I'd pick it
up.
He didn't like me and I didn't like him. I wasn't paying him off with little
perks.
He hinted but I didn't bite.  I don't play that game.  Needless to say, if
he had
any choice I didn't get the work.  When I did he rode me like a stolen mule.

Charlie