[Farmall] Farmall H Question

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Wed Sep 3 03:37:04 PDT 2014

I'll take a look at the ammeter. I can just jumper it out of the circuit
and see if it makes a difference or not. I'm thinking of checking all the
wiring to start with.

Carl Szabelski

From:   Greg Hass <ghass at m3isp.com>
To:     farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com,
Date:   09/02/2014 06:56 PM
Subject:        Re: [Farmall] Farmall H Question
Sent by:        farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com

Years ago we had a Super C that acted the same. We would run the battery
dead and then crank (hand crank) until we couldn't crank. Some times we
got it started, sometimes we had to wait. One day about 2 weeks later it
quit on the road and just wouldn't start. I was about 14 at the time and
my dad called the dealer and had a repairman come out. The problem
turned out to be something I have never hear of before or since. It was
the ammeter; I guess something was loose and sometimes it worked and
sometimes it didn't. It was replaced and we never had the problem again.
Just shows how hard some of these problems are to find.
         Greg Hass