[AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Sep 3 03:27:39 PDT 2014

I have a depth gauge wheel on the 4 bottom mounted, and it was set at 8
inches.  I tried the semi mount in the position control on the NH.  A
lot of the problem is with the tractor being set too narrow.  If the
plow and tractor are not set to where you cannot tell where the tractor
passes were in the field, then you fight the "ocean waves" for years to
come.    I made this mistake when I had to disk this field in 2010 with
an offset disk that had 2 disks broken in the front.
I finally got he disk fixed last month, but the 2-105 White needs 2
tires mounted on  it to be able to pull the disk.  With my bad back and
no help, now that Dad has passed away, I am at a loss when it comes to
getting heavy projects done.  Here they charge $250/tire to mount
tractor tires, with a $75 field service fee. I had a flat fixed on my
930 Case, they installed a new tube.  14 months later that sorry Chinese
tube came apart at the seam.  I repaired the old tube that came out 14
months earlier and it is still working fine.  The Chinese one was
patched and the sun ruined it in 3 months because it was sitting
outside.  The sun down here will tear up anything rubber or plastic in
record time.
In OK if you don't get burned or blown away, the hail will beat you to
death.

Cecil in OKla