[AT] Silo roofs

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Oct 26 13:10:19 PDT 2014

Dean,

My guess is that that silo has never had a roof. I would think it would take more of a frame than what
is there to support a roof. And I agree the current frame was used to raise and lower the silo
unloader or chipper  Could also be used to raise the silage blower pipes. That is what the winch is
for. Raise it for filling and then lower it to start unloading.  Corn silage silos where I was raised
typically didn't have a roof but hay silage silos usually had a roof.  That may be why you have one of
each.  Hay had a tendency to spoil due to moisture easier than corn silage

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave
unsaid  the wrong thing at the tempting moment.