[AT] Grounding

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:09:18 PDT 2014

Joe,  as an alternative, drill a hole in the chassis near the rear of the
truck or use an existing hole.
Grind the paint off the metal around the hole.  Coat the hole with
dielectric grease, put a bolt (3/8" or so) through the hole
tighten the nut tight on it.  Then put a ground connector over the bolt end
and add another nut.  Run your trailer
ground wire to that connector.   Your batteries are probably grounded to the
chassis.   If they are you'll have a good
solid chassis ground to your trailer brakes.  If the batteries are grounded
to the engine block, make sure you have a good
braided ground cable between the engine and the chassis.  If not add one and
you'll be good.  After it's all hooked up and
working spray some paint over the ground connection and the other end of the
bolt.

Charlie