[AT] Grounding

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 17:57:37 PDT 2014

To follow up on my trailer brake problem, I have been able to determine that I have plenty of voltage to the brake prong on the plug when I ground it to the truck, and a drop in voltage when I ground it to the ground prong.  My guess is that I have a weak ground connection on the truck.

I tried to chase the ground wire through the truck wiring harness, but never did figure out where it was connected. What I'm thinking about doing is putting a jumper from the plug ground wire to the frame in the back of the truck to make a better connection.

Is there any reason this won't work? Or does the ground wire have to be connected to another part of the truck?

Enjoy, Joe

Sent from my iPad