[AT] Straight 10W

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Tue Oct 21 16:14:25 PDT 2014

The operator's manual for my JD 620 calls for about a gallon of straight 10W
oil for the PTO shaft clutch housing, but SAE 10W isn't among the readily
available oils at the couple of places I've looked.   Any thoughts on using
a multigrade oil instead?  5W-20?  10W-30?

I expect the majority of PTO hours be to warm-weather operations like the
rotary mower or a sprayer, but I could potentially need to power a
PTO-driven generator for an extended period during cold weather.

Thanks--

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio