[AT] Dielectric Grease

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sat Oct 18 12:01:02 PDT 2014

Hi Dean,
	My first trailer was set up that way. That was, probably, 50 years ago and I think it was a home made two wheel outfit that probably would not carry more that 750/1,000 lbs. It didn't take me long to realize that you needed to run a ground wire to the trailer frame. (Although I will admit that I probably "realized" that because someone pointed it out to me.) Since that time, I have never seen a trailer with lights that did not have a ground wire running to the frame. I do, always, keep a set of Harbor Freight magnetic lights in my truck case my trailer lights "go bad" while I'm on a trip. On a dark raining night it's easier to add that kind of lighting to a trailer than even putting in a burned out light bulb! I have never needed to use the "extra" lights on one of my trailers, but I have several friends who were really glad that I had them along when their trailer lights went out for some reason!
	Dave