[AT] Pasture cleanup day

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Mon Oct 13 17:32:57 PDT 2014

Hi Dean, and thanks!   It's fair to say that I'm enjoying this tractor.  :)

I toyed with the idea of calling Detwiler's today about that muffler, but
you're correct that it's not too high on my to-do list.  I get that it
doesn't look right, but it almost certainly came from and/or was installed
by the same (now-closed) JD dealership that sold the tractor new to the
fellow I bought it from, and obviously served him well enough.   So we'll
see.  (The "620" decal right on the front of the grille has got to go,
though).

I also want to change the hydraulic oil on general principle, no idea how
long it's been since that was done, and I've discovered that the temperature
gauge doesn't work and one of the headlights is out.  I have a new headlight
on hand already but the cost of the new temp gauge put me off for a bit so I
decided I'd get the old one out and see if cleaning it up has any positive
effect.  It seems, however, that removing the hood on a 620 is not an
insignificant task so I haven't made any real forward motion there.

You may recall from the photos I'd posted when I bought the tractor that it
only has a wheel weight on the left rear wheel.   The original owner had
another set of rear weights and one front weight and they were part of my
purchase transaction, but he said they'd been laying in his barn for many
years and he couldn't remember if they were for the 620 or his old 4010.   I
finally got around to going back to pick them up this past Saturday, and it
turns out one rear weight matches the one I already have on the tractor, so
I'll get it put on.  The other one is slightly different and I assume was
from the 4010.  The front weight I'm sure is from the 4010.

And of course there's a giant list of other things to do in the house,
barns, woods, on the fence rows, etc.   No rush, though, and it'll be fun
working on it.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio