[AT] A commentary on how to win friends and influence people at tractor shows

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:43:39 PDT 2014

David, the way the guy yelled out and rushed over to the truck you would
have thought
I had a raving mad pit bull with a log chain around his neck, not a 17 pound
lap dog.
It was clear, very clear, unmistakably clear that dogs were not allowed in
the show.
There were about a dozen signs on both sides of the road in a stretch less
than 100 feet long.
Had I been getting out of the truck with the dog on a leash it would have
been different
or if he had been even close to polite about it, I wouldn't be upset.  He
used "polite" words
but they were straight from Cop Speak regardless of if he was or wasn't.  It
was his tone
and demeanor that got me.  Now with that said, I do tend to over react to
things some times
but Lynn is not at all that way and it ticked her off as well.  As I implied
earlier, you needed to
have been there to understand and I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
I'm just hoping
someone, somewhere that reads this will think twice about how they effect
their show.
I won't be back at Smithsburg.

Charlie