[Farmall] FARMALL H BATTERY DISCONNECT

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 18:12:11 PDT 2014

If everything on the tractor is OK you shouldn't need the switch- if you leave it parked for some time- I'd recommend a battery maintainer. There are several things I have learned about batteries- Don't leave them sit on a concrete floor, always keep them at a full charge-that's why the maintainer, they only have so many cycles, also an older battery will not take a quick charge- but given a slow charge will still work. When checking the tractor out- connect a volt meter between the ground post on the battery and the ground cable- there should be no reading- if there is you have a bad component somewhere. If you want to know the condition of a battery have it load tested- before that use a hydrometer and take the caps off the cells and check to specific gravity this will tell you if you have a dead cell. Always make sure the battery is up to the ring on fluid if not add distilled water to get them there.

Barney Van De Weert