[AT] led lights

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Mon Oct 6 07:08:44 PDT 2014

I kept an email from Dick Day regarding some lights he had found pretty reasonable that looked good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AQTOP2/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are not a replacement for your current sealed beams (I'd be curious if you found something and the price etc). As others have said, it's not a 1 to 1 in comparison using wattage. Finding the lumens rating to compare incandescent bulbs to LED might be challenging.

As a side note, I picked up some 10w 12v flood LED lights<http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Flood-light-10W-Warm-White-Outdoor-Wash-Lamp-Floodlight-Waterproof-Grey-Case-/281429748297?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item4186852a49>  I mounted them on my wood shed out in the timber. I can haul a car battery and leave it there so I have light anytime I need to load up some firewood in the middle of the winter at night. I took my test meter and measured the draw. That 10w floodlight which will light up a pretty good area only pulls as much as a single tail light bulb in your truck (I used the tail circuit in a 1157 bulb). So I wouldn't be worried about overloading the electrical circuit on that old equipment.

Brad