[AT] led lights

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 18:06:09 PDT 2014

About a year ago I posted regarding putting LED lights onto old equipment. I figured by now I’d be able to find low cost LED sealed beams to fit into existing lights but the only ones I have found so far are made by Grote at $140 ea. I think I found some for $70 but haven’t been able to locate them again. I did order some complete 18W LED light assemblies pretty cheap. I replaced one on each side of the combine and its like I added 3 on each side, an absolutely amazing difference! I wanted to stay with the same wattage as the originals so I didn’t place any additional burden on a 40 year old electrical system.
I plan on getting a couple more to go on the back of the 4020. I want a pair for the front too but would like to find something reasonably priced to interchange in the existing light housings.

If you run your older equipment at night, this is an upgrade I highly recommend.

John Hall