[AT] JD 620 / charging six-volt batteries

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 20 19:03:12 PST 2014

On 11/20/2014 7:40 PM, Dean Vinson wrote:
> When charging either of the two six-volt batteries in my 620, do I need to
> worry about disconnecting them from each other?
Dean I charge the two sixes on my 730 Case diesel as if it were one 12
volt system. One clip on the live terminal at the starter and the other
one to the ground cable from the battery. But here is another option for
you. I tried it on my 730 diesel this summer. I needed to borrow one of
the six volt batteries for the 39 Ford so the next time I wanted to
start the 730 I just dropped in one 12 volt battery to see if it would
work. Surprised me by turning over and starting just as good as it ever
did with the two sixes. So now I have only one battery and two
connections to keep maintained. I don't know if one big 12 volt would
work on your 620 or if there is even room but its something to consider.

Ralph in Sask.