[AT] Todays flashlights

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 05:38:09 PST 2014

Herb:

Ultrafire, as you must know, is a Chinese product.  In the flashlight
spectrum (pun intended!) Ultrafire would be considered on medium-quality by
Chinese standards.

For real Chinese low-end crap, see Evil Dave's post.  How can you get a
1600 lumen, rechargeable, focusable flashlight for $12?  Well, there's a
dirt-floor bamboo shack and some 6 year old children involved in the
process.

A good representative of high-end Chinese is Fenix:
http://www.fenixlight.com/

Back to Ultrafire.  They have a following, and you can get parts for them
in the "aftermarket". Check out Dealextreme:

http://www.dx.com/s/ultrafire+tailcap

SO