[AT] LED lights

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Nov 12 15:07:08 PST 2014

Dan Glass wrote:
> I looked at Lowe's this morning at leds and not only are they $20 for an
> 100w equivalent they color temperature is no higher than 3000 degrees.
> I use CFL's now that are 5000 degrees and the light is much more
> pleasant and easier for me to see with and I can evaluate colors better
> with them.  I buy the CFL's are Walmart for about $3 each and the life
> is about 9 years.  Until they can raise the color temperature on led's I
> am not going to get them even if they are giving them away and use no
> electricity at all.

Look closer. Lowes sells 4 different color temps in the LED bulbs.
I bought some 5000s at the local one yesterday.

Pay attention to the packaging as it is the only thing that shows the
color temp. On most the colors and labels are the same, just the color
temps and equivalent wattages are printed different.

And you can generally save money if you buy the non-dimmable bulbs. Here
the difference is 3-4 dollars a bulb. If you don't need a dimming light
why pay extra?

--
Steve W.