[AT] LED lights

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Sun Nov 9 17:21:44 PST 2014

If you want another example, Steve, think of exit lights in buildings used by the public.  Yes, there are low-wattage units that can be retrofit into old installations, but the easy and less costly way to convert is through CFL or LED. Those can cost less than $15 per fixture, and they screw directly into the existing incandescent socket.  If you ride herd on your utility bills, you will find that you amortize the entire cost of the conversion by the energy savings alone in about 2 months time.  Bulb life on CFL's in that application is around 7 or 8 years.  LED's last much longer, but incandescent's run too hot in the enclosed space and bulb life is just a matter of a couple of months.

Larry