[AT] Some Of You……..

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 27 17:10:56 PST 2014

David Bruce wrote:
> There has been a real issue with lithium ion batteries in laptop
> computers - yes fires and such. Are these similarly affected? I have no
> clue but the potential for problems with some of the lithium ion
> batteries is true.
>
> David
> NW NC

Li-ion are VERY dangerous if they short out. Have seen quite a few fire
reports where a pack was the ignition point. Oh and IF they do start to
burn DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE FIRE! Lithium reacts violently with water.

These are mostly deliberate ones but show the same end result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMy2_qNO2Y0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ8IsMRFM5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjkW3KUz5uo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mcNvOGKtI