[AT] JD 620 / charging six-volt batteries

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Nov 21 07:47:42 PST 2014

Brad,

It won't hurt anything to charge one 6V battery when two 6V batteries are in series to make 12V.   Or
using two 6V battery chargers at the same time one on each of the two 6V batteries I don't think any
AC to DC charger has to be referenced to a hard ground to charge properly. But I suppose one should
check the manual. The batteries are essentially connected in an open circuit because there is no load
at the second negative terminal. The second battery is kind of dangling in the wind at whatever
voltage the first one is at.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave
unsaid  the wrong thing at the tempting moment.