[AT] LED lights

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 13 08:18:30 PST 2014

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Steve -
>
> We developed a feature-rich LED worklight a few years ago (magnets and
> hooks and flexible neck and rechargeable etc) but that drove cost up and it
> was lukewarm in our market.  Working on another right now, more traditional
> extruded-tube shape like our fluorescents.  Li-ion and a possible 110V
> corded version, but our market  really likes cordfree (who doesn't these
> days?)   I'll keep you in mind for "testing"!
>
> SO
>

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Sewell, Steven <sewell at ohio.edu> wrote:
>
>> For the record, I am chief designer and VP of Engineering at a company that
>> makes fluorescent and LED lighting products for use by auto technicians.
>> Not exactly brake lights but I have plenty of underlying technical detail
>> under my belt.
>>
>> SO
>>

>> And a FINE fluorescent light product your company makes. Of the ones you
>> gave me for "testing" , a LONG time ago, I still have the 110 volt light
>> and it works fine. ;-)  The battery died on the other one and Snap-on
>> wanted too much to replace it. And it had been ran over/broken but still
>> worked!
>>
>> -steve
>>
>> PS: You make LED's now - tell me more.  Need any "long term" testing??

Stephen,
  I suspect the "offshore" lights are also making things difficult. I
see a lot of those deck of card sized lights with the magnet and hook,
and those 4" long dollar store specials in places.
Seen a review of an LED equipped magnetic parts tray on youtube.
(basically someone took the peel/stick LED strips sold in parts stores
and stuck them to a 4X6 dual magnet pan)

Cordless is a good thing for the most part. Magnets are OK but with
todays vehicles it can be a challenge to find steel where you want to
put the light!
That new F series in aluminum is going to be interesting in that regard.

--
Steve W.