[AT] OT - Types of gravel

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Fri Nov 7 09:32:55 PST 2014

Hi Greg, we used 2NS sand in our arena, and its nice stuff, I'm
concerned that with the slope in our paddock, it would end up in the
pasture after a heavy rain. I'm afraid that Pit Run would have too many
large stones in it. Anything over 3/4" or so can cause soreness. Cecil,
are you using the recycled concrete in horse areas? My concern with that
is I've heard you need to keep a close lookout for chunks of re-bar that
make it through the crusher.  I'm leaning toward crusher run base with
maybe a coating of 2NS. Will wait until my dozer guy gets here to see
what he would recommend. Might take a trip to the gravel yards to see
what is actually available.
Thanks for the input guys.

Mike M