[AT] OT lubricating a cable

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:56:24 PST 2014

John,  for what it's worth,  rusted control and steering cables are
a common issue on boats down here where the water is salty.
What a lot of folks do and what I've done before is take the cable off,
coil it up and lay it in a pan filled with diesel fuel and let it soak for
as
long as you can.   I agree with Doug that flexing the cable helps break it
loose.

Charlie