[AT] NH vs JD baler

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon May 26 20:17:01 PDT 2014

Just a thought on the old baler as we have used NH for many years and me
and my brother now own a 268 and a 270 baler.  One thing to look at is
the "dogs" that hold the hay after the plunger pushes it in.  If one of
them or a spring is broken, as the plunger goes back the hay will spring
back in the bale chamber a little and the incoming hay will catch and
keep the hay from being evenly placed in the bale chamber. I think there
are between 3 and 5 of these dogs depending on model. You may already
know all this, but just a thought.
   Greg Hass