[AT] NH vs JD baler

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon May 26 04:36:05 PDT 2014

Another season of baling has begun with my extremely worn Super 66 New Holland baler. At the end of last year I had a small breakdown and believe the wadboard may be a little out of time, either that or I need to adjust it more. Long story short the baler has always had a tendency to make banana shaped bales and the knot will sometimes fail on one side. I read, researched, printed out, adjusted, filed, polished and lubricated practically everything on this baler----I think it is just plain worn out—we won’t talk about all the new parts I’ve installed in recent years either. No hard feelings against it, it was worn out when I got it 20 years ago and I’ve run thousands of bales through it.

Looking at getting something a little more reliable and hopefully larger. Looking at a Deere (either 14T or 24T) or a 2xx series New Holland. Opinions?

If I had it to do over that great big 3xx series NH hayliner we had would have never been sold at auction.

John Hall