[AT] the way we were raised

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon May 19 15:13:29 PDT 2014

Tobacco poisoning is real.  I used to get it about every summer.  My
pediatrician
knew about it.  It was no big deal.  It consists of a rash and a bit of
itching, nothing
particularly bad even to a child.  At least that's the way it effected me.
Of course that
was over 50 years ago and pediatricians were a bit more in tune with
realities on
family farms than they are now.

If I ever felt the affects of nicotine (like you feel form smoking or
dipping) as result of
direct contact with tobacco leaves I didn't recognize it.  I tried some
chewing tobacco
a couple of times and it nearly blew the top of my head off so I think I
would have recognized
the effects of nicotine from direct contact.

Charlie