[AT] the way we were raised

Jim Thomson macowboy at comcast.net
Sat May 17 05:53:59 PDT 2014

John;

  While I did not work on a farm growing up, I did work in our family's heat
treating business. I started working at the age of 9. I started driving
forklifts' early on and learned to weld and braze. There were open flames,
hot steel, oil, bad fumes, and plenty of heavy things in the shop. It was an
ice box in the winter and hotter than h*ll in the summer. I would not trade
my experiences at all. I learned a lot of good lessons that I carry with me
to this day. I also got to work with my Dad. It also made me appreciate how
good I have it now. If the temperature goes above 73F now in the office, I
just think back to the heat treating days when 100F was a cool spot in the
shop.

Jim Thomson
Rehoboth, MA