[AT] OT truck tires/driveshaft?

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:19:04 PDT 2014

Nitrogen is mostly a marketing scam.  (And I know because my career is
related to the sales of automotive tools and equipment for repair and
maintenance).

The ONLY reason it is more stable than ambient air is because nitrogen is
dry, whereas ambient air has humidity.  It's only the water vapor component
of regular ambient air that creates unpredictable pressure changes when the
tire temperature gets above/below the dew point of that water vapor.

It can be an issue for race cars that are very sensitive to tire pressure
and pressure changes.   It is a non-issue for normal vehicles on public
roads.

SO