[AT] OT truck tires/driveshaft?

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed May 14 00:11:34 PDT 2014

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> 9.00-20 is the size, pretty common to find, don't know if they were for
> trucks or trailers. To me the military style just doesn't look like it has
> enough traction on pavement, they look too rounded.
>
> John

They work OK when loaded. The easy solution is to buy the bar tread
tires then re-cut the tread to make them better.
Not real hard to do with a circular saw and carbide blade. You cut the
bars free from the center line by cutting diagonal across the bar, then
cut a single sipe
You end up with the tread looking something like

Allows it to flex more and quiets them as well. The later NATO multi
purpose tires were molded that way
Like these:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/N5gAAOxydlFS-ku9/$_57.JPG

--