[AT] OT truck tires/driveshaft?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon May 12 14:22:55 PDT 2014

OK I hope to do some more checking tonight, got one tire that has not been
off and it certainly has quit the flat spot in it.
Found my socket to pull off the inner dual, no fun doing it with hand tools!

I don't remember about the spline shaft, I will certainly see if I put it
together wrong and it has slowly caused u-joint trouble.

The vibration always arrives around 40 and leaves about 50. However, the
intensity of it will vary some. Makes me think of a tire(s) and depending on
where one set of duals is in relation to the other is the reason it varies.

For what it is worth, I don't have a tach so I can only go by the
speedometer. I'll try to see if I can get it up to speed in 3rd and see if
the vibration is there. I would assume if it happens at the same MPH then it
is tires, rear end, or axle trouble. If it happens earlier, then it’s the
driveshaft?

John