[AT] AT Digest, Vol 123, Issue 9

The Allen Family steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Mon May 12 09:35:33 PDT 2014

John,

When the carrier bearing was replaced, was the driveshaft indexed?

In other words, are all the crosses at the same angle so that they line
up when looking along the shaft?

If not, that will cause the vibration and ruin the joints.  I know that
the problem is younger than the bearing replacement, but the swapping
of tires might have aggravated the condition.  BTDT.

Hope this helps,

The "original" Steve Allen
Near Rolla, MO, just having replaced the joints in my '69 PU.

Quoting at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com: