[AJD] OT potato storage

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat Mar 8 22:39:53 PST 2014

Chris,
    I seem to remember the warehouses where I sprayed spuds were kept at
39.  I thought I had it worked out in a corner of the basement. Two cold
walls and I was able to keep them dark and I thought I could get them in
the mid forties.  I only got them to mid fifties. However, propane got
too expensive for me and I started burning the wood burner in the
basement.  In order to get the firewood where the fireplace is, I had to
open the room where the spuds were to carry firewood through.  I guess
that little bit heated things up too much.  The room where the fireplace
is was probably 90 degrees most of the winter.  The savings on propane
will just have to offset the loss of the spuds.  I will just have to
build a potato bin in that corner insulated from the rest of the place,
I guess.  I had intended to do just that, but ran out of time to do it
right, I guess.
Ron Cook
Salix, IA
On 3/8/2014 10:07 PM, Chris C wrote