[Farmall] Gas in crankcase

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 09:01:15 PDT 2014

If the Carb had a fair amount of gas in it and you started it up, the excess raw gas would wash the inside of the muffler and run down the mainfold when you shut it off.

On the compression I'd guess about 110-125 should be OK on it- I checked mine several years ago and was about 105-115 on a cold engine that had not been run for a while. I think the engine should be warm to check it. Compression is a simple test that tells a lot.

Barney Van De Weert