[AT] Snohomish County mud slide

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 24 12:50:07 PDT 2014

Yes, We are from Snohomish County and have a Snohomish city address but this
slide is about 40 miles North of our residence or 1640 miles NW of where we
are at the present.   Thanks for thinking of us. I really feel for the
people that have been killed, injured and lost.  We seem to have some kind
of major mud slide every year. Some homes are built where they should not
have ever been allowed to be built.  The Snoqualmie river and the Skykomish
river  merge near Monroe, WA (7.5 miles South of us) to form the Snohomish
river. The rivers are flooding again this year which happens about every
three years or so usually due to heavy snow melt in the Cascade Mountain
range.. Fortunately no new homes are now allowed to be built lower than the
100 year flood level  but there are several older farm structures and homes
that get hit every time these rivers flood. Including the Sky Valley Antique
Tractor Club's club house. It's not a pretty picture.  The river bottom is
farmed heavily and it is rich sandy loam.  Really fertile land when it isn't
flooded. There used to be a lot of dairy's in these valley's but the EPA
types have run most of them out.

Dean VP
Apache Junction, AZ

" . . . The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure . . . " Jefferson