[AT] OT - Windows XP - Thanks

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:33:41 PDT 2014

John,  I don't think your comments contradict what I said to any degree and
agree with you that the entire market/technology is changing rapidly.  Just
this morning I saw an ad for an Android powered personal computer.
It comes with no monitor or keyboard.  It's just a little case about the
size of
a notebook computer hard drive.   It uses most any kind of monitor available
and USB or Bluetooth keyboards.   Cost....... $89.00.

I am an appraiser and it has only been in the last 10 years or so (if that
long)
that there was any sort of serious appraisal software written for MAC.
It just wasn't MAC's market and they didn't care about it until market
demand
drove them to it.  It was only when MAC's were adapted to run Windows that
appraisal software was available for MAC.  Even today, almost all appraisers
run MS based computers, notebooks or tablets.

Your reply seemed to imply that I was attacking MAC and I made it clear that
I was not.
I was merely defending Microsoft.  I've been using Microsoft products since
the days of
DOS and I've never directly paid them one red cent.   On the other hand I've
never been
forced to buy a computer from them so that I could run their software
either.

Charlie