[AT] OT - Windows XP

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Thu Mar 20 14:51:16 PDT 2014

I am currently using a coomputer that started with XP and has been upgraded to 7, followed by 8, followed by 8.1  Be aware that the drivers for peripherals in 8 and 8.1 leave things to be desire, and in some cases do not exist.  These are noticeable in the interface that is made with printers, scanners, etc.  I finally found a driver that makes MOST of my HP 88600 All-in-one operate correctly, but I currently have to scan to a thumb drive and then tranfer from that to other software packages.  The Epson scanner works OK, but some of the automatic features on it are not supported in Win 8 or 8.1.  No driver exists at the present time for the big scanner that I bought (11" X 17") and I have to use it with my laptop which is running Win 7. I'm something less than a "happy camper." I am having no problem with either of my tablets that are running Jelly Bean 4.0, or with my Flip-Pal which has no discernible operating system at all.  I installed a Mobi Eye-Fi card on that, and it allows me to upload files (JPEG) directly from it to the Internet.

Larry