[AT] OT Bachtold Brothers log splitter

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at myfairpoint.net
Mon Mar 17 20:27:11 PDT 2014

John,

The only in-tank pumps I have run across have been little multiple cylinder
piston pumps and the valve has been in the tank as well, IIRC.   Surplus
Center usually has the whole assemblies somewhere in their hydraulics
listings.  You might get a manufacturers name from the listing and be able
to track down a pump from that.

They are really quite an ingenious design.  Being submerged in the tank the
crankshaft and connecting rods are open and run submerged in the hydraulic
oil.  Not a lot of volume to them but they make wicked pressure.  The one I
got expensively intimate with blew the end out of a dump truck piston when I
forgot it was engaged.

PS, sorta

I just remembered that I recently received a new Surplus Center catalog.
They still have the units I was thinking of, made by a Williams Machine &
Tool Company.  Go to www.surpluscenter.com and look up their Item # 9-1049.
Their is a photo that you can compare to what you have.

Al Nadeau