[AT] Cleaning the shop (or not)

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Tue Mar 11 21:12:53 PDT 2014

wife but her response was to threaten my manhood. I can't be too upset
because she wants to retire in a couple of years (she will be normal
retirement age and is not retiring early). Understandably, she doesn't
want to have a lot of debt so that we can't be somewhat comfortable in
retirement. I do have a 26 x 80  unused hog barn that I could use more
efficiently. I have a lot of stuff stored in it now, but I could build
some shelves to make better use of the room. It can't  really be used
for much else because it is only 7 feet under the trusses and the main
door is only 5 foot. I try to use the hog barn for things I only need
once or twice a year, such as plow points, field cultivator teeth and
combine parts.  One thing I started to do last summer was to get rid of
things I no longer need. I don't mean things like, I think it was Ralph
that said this,stuff  that could be used for other things; but things
like parts to a old grain head for the combine that I haven't had for
ten years. I hauled out $700 worth of scrape and when I think back I
can't think of a thing that could have been used for any other purpose.
I think I'll have to keep working at the shop and try to come up with a
way to remember where everything has been put. Weather wise, after 2
days in the mid 40's, in the next day or so we are supposed to get up to
5 inches of snow, high winds and tomorrow night below zero again. For
the next week, 20 degrees below normal for the whole week.  I would like
to thank every who replied to my post  as it gave me food for thought.
It also made me feel better that I'm not the only one with this problem;
and that I'm not the only one wearing out shoe leather trying to find
where I left things.
    Greg Hass