[AT] Cleaning the shop (or not)

Carl Gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Tue Mar 11 08:24:57 PDT 2014

Funny how that tossing stuff works -- At work they told us to clean up
everything that we haven't used in 6 months.  Specialty instruments, home
made irreplaceable fixtures were tossed like garbage by the "want to look
good to their boss" management types.  What goes around comes around - an
old product that was discontinued was resurrected abut 3 months later (by
the same bright people) - you know what was missing - all the spare parts,
fixtures and specialty instruments for developing and testing.
I am a saver, maybe a borderline hoarder, but I often have something to make
it work and share with friends and neighbors.  It would be nice if we could
have a shop that was just a shop for working on things, but we all have so
many projects and so little time that the space we have gets cluttered or
filled with new projects and toys.  Fortunately, I do not think it is fatal.
Carl