[AJD] OT potato storage

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 20:07:50 PST 2014

Well,  I know that the spud growers around here try to keep them around 39 degrees when they are in storage.  They do circulate air through the piles and the storage buildings are climate controlled to keep the humidity just right.  Too wet you get fungus,  too dry and the shrivel up.  They pile around 18' deep for reds around here.  The pile will shrink about 3 feet over the course of the time they are in storage.  Sounds like you need a good root cellar.  Dark, cool and consistent temperature.

   Chris