[AT] Putting the tractor to use - Ice Houses

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:44:17 PDT 2014

My grandfather used to put his potatoes and sweet potatoes under a hay stack
in the pasture.
He'd dig a shallow hole, line it with straw, pile the potatoes on it in
layers with straw, cover the
complete pile with dirt and then build the hay stack so that the hay covered
the potato mound.
When he needed potatoes he'd "scratch out" what he needed, recover the mound
and re-arrange
the hay to keep it covered.

Charlie