[AT] Fuel mileage

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 12:16:00 PDT 2014

It is good to realize that some new pickups are getting decent mileages.
However, based on my experiences with both cars and trucks the computer fuel
mileages (miles/gallon) are 5% to 10% higher than actual fuel mileages
(miles/gallon)(on the same trip). The calculations are easy; use your
odometer for miles traveled during the test trip.  At start of test trip,
fill your tank full (this takes an extra minute piddling around to get tank
visibly full); then fill the tank visibly full again at end of test trip,
and that last filling is your gallons for the trip.
Glad you like the Dodge Dennis; we are enjoying our fifth Dakota in the last
twenty plus years.
Herb