[Farmall] Farmall A Hitch/Drawbar

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 18:23:06 PDT 2014

Steve, Are you talking about a straight A or a Super A? Reason I ask is I
have never seen a straight A with a fast hitch. Not saying it can't be done,
but I'm not certain it would bolt to the bull gear housings, not to mention
it is designed to hook to the hydraulic lift also. If I'm following you, you
need the U shaped piece and the sliding drawbar? Might I suggest what we did
to one of our Super A's 50 years ago. We welded a 1/2" plate on the
underside, its maybe 6 inches wide. It gets you pretty much past the arc in
the drawbar. We did this so we wouldn't have any trouble using a mounted
sickle mower. We had to drill out the holes that we covered. Instead of a
sliding drawbar we use the triangular shaped plate that extends about 6-8
inches. If you set yours up this way you will never worry about breaking
the drawbar. We've mowed countless acres like that, towed a 500 gallon water
tank, and used to pull a 250-300 gallon sprayer.

I recommend salvage yards in the southeast for these parts. Better check the
parts books to see if the straight A interchanges with the others.

John Hall