[AT] The terror strikes again. - 4WD

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Mon Jun 9 13:08:09 PDT 2014

I am part way between the positions articulated in this thread. I bought a
new 2014 F150 extended cab in January. It is a work truck without question
as we tow loads with it, haul tools, fuel and produce. I bought the V8
option rather than the Eco-boost V6 because of availability and wanting to
make sure the towing would work well. The bed on that truck is an 8.5' bed.
It tows legally as much as the 1980's F250 Diesels (I agree they would tow
more at a slower speed over an above the legal ratings, but am amazed how
much more the new F150 will haul than any "1/2ton" truck I have ever seen
and is quiet inside. It is a very well designed truck that has the creature
comforts even in work truck configuaration. As a note we have 17,000 miles
on it since buying it in the middle of January! Of course my worker drives
that and I drive an older high mileage truck, lol.
     We also acquired a Dodge B200 4WD last year for just under $2500. It
had 19,000 miles on it - probably actual miles, drives like a military truck
from WWII, has no creature comforts and sold new in 1980 for about $18,000
if I remember correctly. The miles per gallon is better on the new truck,
the old has more "dentability". In total I like some old truck features
(good thing considering how many I have) and some new truck features. I
believe that over the next five years, we will finally see truck mpgs on
pickups and medium duty trucks go up more than in any decade since the
internal combustion engine powered trucks came about.
         Grant Brians