[AT] My Daughter

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Jun 4 14:04:42 PDT 2014

Gene,

May I extend our heartfelt concern and sorrow for the painful path you and your family are on.  We
lost our 49 year old son very expectantly last September 13th and can really relate to what you and
your family must be going through. We have found some comfort from the words in  the song "Amazing
Grace".  Our son had these words prominently hung on the wall of his home.  Hopefully these words will
offer some comfort to you and yours.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
 That saved a wretch like me.
 I once was lost but now am found,
 Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
 And Grace, my fears relieved.
 How precious did that Grace appear
 The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
 I have already come;
 'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
 and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
 His word my hope secures.
 He will my shield and portion be,
 As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall profess, within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.

The following stanza was written by an an anonymous author, often replacing the sixth stanza, or
inserted as the fourth.

When we've been there ten thousand years
 Bright shining as the sun.
 We've no less days to sing God's praise
 Than when we've first begun.

Chorus:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
 That saved a wretch like me.
 I once was lost but now am found,
 Was blind, but now I see.

The tears are running again for all of us.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

From: Gene Dotson Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:46 PM To:
at at lists.antique-tractor.com Subject: [AT] My Daughter Thanks everyone
for the nice comments. My daughter, Tricia, age 44, has advanced cancer
in her liver and bile duct blocking function of the liver. A severe
infection precludes any chemo treatment as it would destroy her immune
system. The prognosis is terminal in days or weeks and surely not
months. She will be going home tomorrow with hospice care and by her
daughter and boyfriend. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.