[AT] The terror strikes again. - Studebaker speed response

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:43:44 PDT 2014

Steve, I'm sure some reading my recount of the trip think I'm very careless
but that is not the case.  I know my limits and the limits of my truck and
try to stay well with in them.   The situation on that trip was that
conditions
were going down hill rapidly.  If I had driven along at 25 mph like most of
the
other on the road were doing I would not have made it home before it go so
bad that I couldn't.   Was I taking some chances? Yes but they were limited
to damaging my truck.  I didn't put myself in a situation where a collision
would
have caused any death or severe injury.  My 94 year old (at the time) mother
was in the
passenger seat.  She was not one bit concerned and never expressed any
un-ease
or worry.   The roads I was traveling toward the end of the trip were
without places to
safely stop and wait and we had no provisions in the truck to stay warm
without running
the engine and burning the gas we needed to get home.  I might take chances
where my
own safety is concerned but not when it affects my family.

Charlie