[AT] The terror strikes again. - Studebaker speed response

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:13:11 PDT 2014

(replying to Charlie's note with a lot of snipping...)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM, charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
wrote:

> john I put some weight in the rear of my 4 WD truck if possible but
> usually not more than 200 or 300 lbs.

I usually don't add weight, and the reason why not is because my truck is
not a daily driver; it comes out when I need to haul something meaning I
generally need the bed to be free of dead-weight obstructions; and
otherwise it comes out when the snow is really bad.

>  I know those who don't have 4 WD or
> don't want 4 WD or just don't believe in it for one reason or another don't
> want
> to hear this but there really is a dramatic difference when driving in snow
> or
> anything else slick or deep.

This is really the part I wanted to focus us.  YES!  It's just a fact.  The
2WD supporters have found that it works for them, but clearly they aren't
taking their trucks into some of the same situations as Charlie and I have
described.

SO