[AT] The terror strikes again. - Studebaker speed response

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 3 19:03:21 PDT 2014

For me and the 3 2wd drive trucks I've run, a LOT of weight in the rear is
the only way to go. Only one of those trucks didn't handle very well. I got
stuck in my driveway in 2 inches of snow. 3/4 ton Chevy with something
ridiculous like 10 ply tires and enough HP to win a tug of war with a
semi---I had to haul a bunch of suitcase weights to it to get it to move. Of
course I got that same truck stranded up against a tree trying to turn
around in the grass after 1/4" of rain.  That truck was just not built for
riding, it was made for serious towing and hauling, and had the fuel economy
to prove it!

John