[AT] The terror strikes again. - Studebaker speed response

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:16:53 PDT 2014

Where do you live, Henry?  This sounds like flatlands sort of advice.  I
have a 4WD F-250 that I'll drive to work in *really* bad conditions, and I
can assure you that I have NO hope of climbing my own hilly driveway in
2WD.  And I do try.

The last time we got a really big snow (about 18" in 24 hours, this was two
winters ago) we had blizzard conditions and a human being would have to
suit up like a Mt. Everest assault just to go outdoors.  My wife had a
horse rough-boarded about a mile away and the only way she could get there
to feed and muck was the 4WD truck.  It would not even move out of its
parking spot in the driveway until I dropped it into 4WD, and then it
charged thru 18" of snow drifted up to 4' in a few spots and got to the
barn without fuss.

I guess you could say I disagree with you about 2WD vs. 4WD.

SO