[AT] The terror strikes again. - Studebaker speed response

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:07:25 PDT 2014

This is very true, and it's an ongoing challenge even today to train
competent mechanics (who are actually called technicians now.... EVERYTHING
changes!)  My career is in designing tools for automotive repair, and I
work closely with a lot of these folks, including volunteering at the local
trade high school.

The best technicians are called "A-Techs" and sometimes known as
"Driveability" technicians.  They are the ones who can go deep into the
computer and sensor systems and fix annoying problems that others can't.

Today's vehicles bear as much resemblance to the cars of the 50's and 60's
as these computers we are all typing on bear resemblance to mechanical cash
registers.  EVERYTHING changes.

SO